2-year-old Surrey boy sent to hospital after falling from second-storey window

Written by admin on 26/07/2019 Categories: 广州桑拿网

A two-year-old boy has been rushed to hospital after falling from a second-storey window in Surrey.

RCMP say the incident occurred at a home on Kilmore Court, near 156 St. and 56 Ave., around 10:30 a.m. They say the toddler reached for an item left near an upstairs window and leaned on a screen that popped out, causing him to fall to the deck below.

Thankfully, he didn’t suffer any serious injuries, but was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Officials say the incident highlights the need for parents to keep a close eye on young children near any windows.

The BC Ambulance Service offers these safety tips to prevent falls from windows:

Don’t underestimate a child’s mobility; children begin climbing before they can walk.Move household items away from windows to discourage children from climbing to peer out. Toddlers may use anything as a step stool to get higher.Be aware that window screens will not prevent children from falling through – they keep bugs out, not children in.Install window guards on windows above the ground level. These act as a gate in front of the window.Or, fasten windows so that they cannot open more than 10 centimetres. Children can fit through spaces as small as 12 centimetres wide. In either case, ensure there is a safe release option in case of a house fire.Don’t leave children unattended on balconies or decks. Move furniture or planters away from the edges as kids can climb up and over.Talk to your children about the dangers of opening and playing near windows, particularly on upper floors of the home.

广州桑拿
Comments Off on 2-year-old Surrey boy sent to hospital after falling from second-storey window